WE CAN DO THIS WITH YOUR HELP!
For our Annual Meeting/World’s Biggest Baby Shower, June 23 from 1-4 pm in the City of Anaheim, we need to have a total of over 410 people participating in the shower at one time. The count will be 1:30 – 2:30. Carpool if you can. Everyone must bring a gift to be counted in the total. A binky is a gift, a card with a flower is a gift. We don’t want to ask people to do more than they can afford. Please read the full story. This would be incredible if we do this. Please help us.
It’s great to hear you want to break a record! The first thing you need to have are our rules and regulations. Our guidelines detail what information we require when you come to submit a record claim after your event. I have provided the current record details below and also attached the relevant guidelines.
Largest baby shower
A total of 410 people attended a baby shower held for an hour at New York State National Guard Armory, Buffalo, New York, USA on 13 March 1999. Sponsored by the Girl Scout Council of Buffalo and Erie County, 11,353 items were donated.
At least one pregnant woman has to be present during the event.
Thank you for contacting GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS, if you require further information on claims, attempts or current records, please contact us again or check out our website (www.guinnessworldrecords.com).
for Kim Goodwin
For the Keeper of the Records”
Here are the rules: Please help us out any way you can!
largest baby shower – one hour
This record is for the largest one-hour baby shower in terms of the number of gifts received.
1. A head count of people taking part must be taken before the event, either by turnstile or by some other accurate method of counting. This is essential and must be done efficiently. The method to be used must be pre-approved by Guinness.
2. Each guest must arrive with a single wrapped gift. Any guest arriving without a wrapped gift does not count towards the total.
3. A pregnant woman must be present throughout the hour to receive the gifts.
4. The number of guests in attendance should be recorded in a log book. This is done by each participant signing their name and address/phone number. The log book should also record the gift brought by each person. The number of guests should also be counted by judges at the door to verify the number.
5. Any guest leaving the designated area before the hour is over does not count towards the total.
6. The name of the company, organisation or person(s) making the attempt should be given, along with the date and place.
The following should be provided:
1. Signed statements of authentication by two independent persons of some standing in the community, including contact addresses and telephone numbers, confirming the details and that all of the rules have been adhered to. Statements should originate directly from the witnesses, submitted on their letterhead and should not take the form of statements prepared in advance by anyone attempting the record.
· Except where both the witnesses are members of the same professional body or are officials of a national sporting organisation (or similar) at an official event, the two independent persons must be independent of each other as well as being independent of the person(s) or organisation attempting the record.
2. An explanation of the method used to count the participants.
3. A signed and dated log book showing that the attempt has been the subject of unremitting surveillance. This must show the time and duration of rest breaks.
4. Independent corroboration in the form of local or national newspaper cuttings.
5. A clearly labelled VHS video (with the official clock in view) and reproducible colour photographs or transparencies.
The LOG BOOK should give an adequate description of the proposed attempt with final figures properly totalled, including:
a) Details of the person attempting the record.
b) The names and addresses/phone numbers of the guests and details of the gift brought by each.
c) The names, addresses and signatures of observers, together with the time at which they started observing and finished doing so.
The entries at the start of the event are made by at least one of the people who provide the independent authentication in the form of signed statements, and thereafter other observers, who should be independent of the event, sign as witnesses that the event is in CONTINUOUS PROGRESS AND UNDER CONSTANT SUPERVISION. The people who sign the two statements should attend at least at the beginning, at some stage during the event, and at the end. Two people should cover each period of observation.
NB. IT IS NOT NECESSARY FOR A REPRESENTATIVE OF GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS TO BE PRESENT AT YOUR RECORD ATTEMPT. THESE GUIDE LINES LIST THE TYPE OF WITNESSES AND/OR JUDGES NECESSARY FOR YOUR ATTEMPT TO BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE READ THE ABOVE REGULATIONS CAREFULLY.
YOU ARE ADVISED TO CHECK WITH US AGAIN JUST BEFORE YOUR ATTEMPT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE RECORD HAS NOT BEEN BEATEN.
PLEASE NOTE THAT GUINNESS CANNOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ACCIDENTS OR ILLNESSES THAT MAY COME ABOUT DURING OR AS A RESULT OF RECORD ATTEMPTS. WE DO ADVISE THAT MEDICAL ATTENTION SHOULD BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES.
PARTICIPANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 MUST HAVE PARENTAL CONSENT IN THE FORM OF A PERMISSION SLIP.
Please note that Guinness, Guinness World Records and the Guinness logo are registered trademarks of the Guinness Group of companies and their use on clothing, merchandise or in any form of advertising, promotion or publicity is strictly forbidden without prior written permission.
Guinness World Records is likely only to publish records which represent improvements on existing records. However, in no circumstances will we undertake to publish any record and reserve the right to determine in our sole discretion the records to be published.
Even if you do beat the existing record and we accept your claim, it does not necessarily mean that details will be included in the book, as your record may subsequently be beaten – we can only include the record which stands when we go to press.
Please send all documentation clearly marked as to which record has been attempted and please indicate if you require any material returned to you after verification.
Good luck in your attempt.